Wednesday, September 21, 2005

IT-BPO Wave in Vizag

BPO @ Vizag:
Tier II cities like Vizag, Kochi are being favored in the booming ITES-BPO sector. Besides known IT destinations, cities like Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Vishakhapatnam, Kochi and Jaipur are now being looked at as potential IT destinations. BPO is the short form of Buisiness Process Outsourcing.


The last few months, IT majors such as IBM, Dell, Cognizant, Mphasis and Satyam have unveiled plans for cities like Vizag, Coimbatore, Mangalore, and Chandigarh. Wipro and TCS have acquired land at Vizag, while Honeywell is looking at expanding operations in Madurai.

At Vizag, Satyam has started work on its 50 acre campus and is establishing a technology centre on seven acres at Thotlakonda on the outskirts.


Satyam, Wipro and TCS are the big three IT companies setting up in Vizag.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sunflower said...

Hi Raj,

Came across your blog while looking for stuff on Vizag.

i am with www.metromela.com, a start-up based out of hyd. The reason i write to you is

1. Would like you to go through the site, register and send it to your frds, if you think this is valuable stuff for you guys in Vizag

2. wanted you to give your feedback about our Vizag listings. good/ enough/ needs more?.

3. I am also looking for a Mktg Manager for Vizag. would you know of anyone please?.

You could contact me at aparna@metromela.com

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Aparna.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Aparna,

My Name is Srikanth And currently cowrking for a BPO in chennai. I am looking for an opening in Vizag in technical or non technical process. Could you please send me information about Openings in wipro,IBM, CTS . My contact number is 9962048004

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aparna

I am Sujana Karri. I am an MBA fresher. I graduated in Delhi. Due to family I had shift to Vizag and now i am looking for a job in HR. If there a vacancy pl do let me know. Locational preference would be Vizag.
My contact is sujana.karri@gmail.com

Thanks

9:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi
my name is D.MICHAEL i have one year of experience in hcl in chenaai as a TSO. Right now iam in vizag .if you u have any vacancy please let me know .
mike_hunk73@yahoo.co.in
shibs_sam19@yahoo.com

10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi
my name is sheebhangu biswas i have 1 1/2 year experience in hsbc .. if u have any vacancy please let me know..
shibs_sam19@yahoo.com

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home